Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. We bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
HPE makes Hybrid IT simple. HPE helps customers to design the right mix of Hybrid IT to serve their unique needs. We bring next generation infrastructure that uses intelligent software to simplify and accelerate the delivery of new apps, services and business insights. Providing with new ways to deliver and manage IT on-premises and in the cloud.
As a Presales Manager based in our Hanoi office, you will manage a group of presales professionals in one or more of the Presales Functions (Technical Consultant, Technical Client Consultant, and Enterprise Architects). You are also responsible for setting the direction, managing the deliverables of the assigned group, and achieving revenue and expense objectives. You will need to resolve customer problems and contributes to customer satisfaction, as well as representing assigned area to all levels of sales and other company management. Where appropriate, seeks to build strategic executive relationships with external clients and internally within company, and partners with internal and external resources to develop best-in-class solutions for customer. You will manage the performance of individual contributors and the team overall, and grows and develops talent within the organization.
- Managing the Business
- Manages a group of Presales resources to provide account support or shared resource support.
- Resource management & Intra-Region support - Creates presales utilization plans that reflect the requirements and opportunities within area of control.
- Actively collaborates with peers to address regional presales coverage gaps and leverage technical expertise where warranted to win opportunities for the company.
- Partnering with Sales & acct. planning - Assists in planning sales strategy; collaborates within the company and with the field to prioritize, facilitate and direct the use of resources; works with Sales managers to assess sales pipelines in area of control to ensure appropriate and timely utilization of presales support.
- Business acumen
- Continuously monitors, troubleshoots, and improves area-of-control operations to ensure alignment with the company's business direction, the quality of business practices, optimum organizational performance and a highly motivated presales force.
- Understands business, financial and legal concepts to develop meaningful business recommendations.
- Leading & Managing Presales People
- Coaching - Assesses and manages employee performance to ensure individual and group excellence; counsels and supports individuals through selling challenges; manages performance and results of high and low performers.
- Leadership - Models effective selling skills; motivates and supports presales teams; demonstrates a high level of support in the pursuit and closing of deals.
- People development - Nurtures and advances the talent required to maintain company presales force excellence within area of control; sponsors and directs skill building activities to increase the productivity and accomplishments of the presales force; ensures strong technical acumen across the group needed to support sales.
- Selling as a Presales Manager
- Focuses on strategic direction- understands the overall company/BU strategic direction and portfolio, and can assist sales teams in customizing solutions based on client needs.
- Consultative selling - strategizes with and coaches their team on how to apply consultative-selling techniques to advance sales opportunities; demonstrates client-sensitive practices within the account(s) and internal gate-keeping within the company to support building strategic trusted advisor status.
- Financial selling - employs a financial selling approach to meet customer needs; works with team to build business cases that link proposals to customer's goals, strategies and relevant business metrics, and that demonstrate industry and competitive proficiency.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degree.
- Typically 7+ years experience in sales.
- Directly related management experience and work results including success in supporting the achievement of progressively higher quota or other sales related goals.
- Demonstrated level of project management skills.
- Additional specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth
Knowledge and Skills:
In addition to core technical skills:
- Good technical knowledge of Compute, Storage and Networking solutions within data center context
- Past working experience on x86 servers, blades, hyperconverged solutions, SAN, Backup/ Archival, wireless technology
- Technical knowledge of virtualization technologies, public/ private cloud infrastructure, High Performance Computing, Mission Critical Systems and Edge Computing
- A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
- Diverse and dynamic work environment
- Work-life balance and support for career development
- An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
Join us and make your mark!